Claude Bernard Warranty Information
International Claude Bernard Warranty
Congratulations on having chosen a Claude Bernard timepiece. To ensure your timepiece operates perfectly, we recommend that you follow the advice given in these instructions. The warranty of your Claude Bernard watch is valid for a period of 24 months effective from the date of purchase and under the terms and conditions of the present warranty. The international Claude Bernard warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery of the purchased Claude Bernard watch. The warranty only comes into force if the warranty certificate is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official Claude Bernard retailer. During the warranty period and by presenting the valid warranty certificate, you will have the right to have any defect repaired free of charge. In the event that repairs are unable to restore the normal conditions of use of your Claude Bernard watch, Claude Bernard guarantees its replacement by a Claude Bernard watch of identical or similar characteristics.
The warranty for the replacement watch ends 24 months after the date of purchase of the replaced watch.
The manufacturer’s warranty does not cover:
- The battery
- The glass
- The leather strap.
- Normal wear, and tear and ageing (for example scratched crystal, alteration of the colour and/or material of non metallic straps and chains, such as leather, rubber).
- Any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the operating instructions provided by Claude Bernard.
- The Claude Bernard watch handled by non-authorized persons (for example for battery replacement, service or repair) or which has been altered in its original condition beyond Claude Bernard’ control.
- Claude Bernard watches bought from non authorized retailers since Claude Bernard is not able to check if the watches were handled and stocked correctly.
Any further claim against Claude Bernard, for example for damages additional to the above described warranty is expressly excluded, except mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the manufacturer.
The above manufacturer’s warranty:
- Is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which he carries sole responsibility;
- Does neither affect the purchaser’s rights against the seller nor any other mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the seller.
ALL APPLICABLE IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE GIVEN TO YOU BY LAW ARE HEREBY LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL Claude Bernard & Vista SA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND.
If your watch needs attention, rely on an official Claude Bernard dealer: he can guarantee service according to Claude Bernard’ standards.